Friday 20 September 2013

A Ghibli Weekend for Chuseok



I suppose I should introduce myself. I am James, an English teacher living in Seoul. Basically at the moment its Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving). All of my friends here are spending time with their relatives it seems, going to their grandpas' houses for food and to relax with extended family I imagine. So what's there to do for me (having recently here from New Zealand)? Well I looked up on the internet and saw there was a exhibitoion on in Seoul showing all these, no so much concept art drawings, but layouts of shots, which were hand-drawn, for various Studio Ghibli films (Mononoke, Spirited Away, Laputa, Nausicaa, Ponyo, etc.). So being an anime fan I thought I'd go check it out tomorrow as the last day is on Sunday (22nd Sept). 


So why start a blog? Hmmm, maybe this isn't so much for outside readers, I don't expect this to be a big thing or anyone to read this actually (but if you are lucky you). This is more for myself, a sort of private reference guide for anime so I can see which ones I like and don't like as I watch and rewatch anime and make blog reviews here. So I thought I'd do it on the internet as first I don't have to have any files and sort them into a folder and second I hope that I can help some anime lovers find some new shows they had not heard of before. If there is one thing you should know about me is that I love altnerative animes like the Diary of Tortov Roddle (no notTom  Riddle, Harry Potter is for nerds.... unless it becomes an anime then it would be hype).  So yeah I'll write again tomorrow hopefully. Bye.


No comments:

Post a Comment